- Put all the ingredients except the turkey breast in a food processor or blender and process for 1–2 minutes to get a smooth marinade. Put the turkey in a non-metallic container and pour the marinade over it. Massage the marinade into the meat, cover the container and leave in the fridge for 24 hours.Make sure the turkey is immersed in the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7. Remove the turkey from the marinade (keep the marinade for later) and put it on a roasting tray. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Continue to cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature again to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Cook until the turkey is done – another 30–45 minutes. To check, stick a small knife all the way into the centre; it should come out hot. If the meat goes dark before it is ready, cover it with foil.
- To prepare the sauce, heat up the turkey marinade in a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, until reduced by about half. Taste and season with some more salt and pepper.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice it thinly and serve with the warm sauce.
- To serve cold, leave the meat to cool completely and then slice. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce once it is cold and serve on the side.
- Recipe Courtesy of Ottolenghi